Event photography London: Product launch at The Royal Institution
I had the absolute privilege of being invited back to capture another product launch event for The Surrey Copper Distillery. This time it was for Chimes Vermouth, the distillery’s 2nd spirit and I was one of the first to sample it during the event.
The first event I photographed for the distillery was for the launch of Copperfield London Dry Gin.
The Royal Institution
What a venue!
The Royal Institution is a stunning Grade 1 listed building just a short distance from Piccadilly in the hustle and bustle of London. It’s also home to the Christmas Lectures, a tradition started by Michael Faraday in 1825.
There’s loads to do at The Royal Institution both in terms of education and family fun. It’s also a great place to host your event, as you can see in the photos I captured below.
Top tips for choosing your indoor event venue
Choosing your event venue can be a minefield. There are so many things to consider.
Here are my top tips to finding the perfect event venue:
- be clear about the purpose of your event and the kind of space you’ll need
- choose somewhere relevant to what you do or who your target audience are
- consider venues with ample parking and good transport links
- find somewhere with meeting and conference facilities suitable for the numbers you’re expecting
- does the venue have videographers and photographers who can capture your event?
- shop around to find the best value for money possible
London event essentials
Sometimes the obvious things can pass you by. So here’s a quick checklist of essential things to consider when planning your indoor event in London:
- facilities (cloakroom, PA system, wifi)
- cost – places can be expensive in London!
- food and drink
- health and safety
- accommodation (some guest may need somewhere to lay their heads)
- feedback from previous attendees
Other event venue options in London
Book me for your event photography in London
If you’re hosting an event and are on the look out for a photographer who’ll put your guests at ease in front of the camera, please get in touch.
I love a trip to London and would very much love to discuss any photography requirements you have.